Monday, October 26, 2009

Can anyone help me with student loans? (Help quick, please!!)?

I'm 17 years old, have been graduated from high school for over 2 months now, and walk in a week. (Aka: I graduated early) I have registered for college, and am starting this fall, and have been accepted into the dorms. I applied for FAFSA, and got all of my classes and other fees waved. The only problem I have now is paying for my dorms. I'm going to be there an entire semester (and maybe more, but that all depends on how things work out) and its going to cost me over $3000. I have applied for many scholarships, grants, but have heard nothing. So now I am researching loans, but can honestly say that I don't know what to look for or anything else. My family cannot afford to pay the $650 a month for them, and neither can I (we can't even split the cost). So, if anyone can give me information on student loans or whatnot, that would be helpful!



Please and Thank You!



~MissNikki



Can anyone help me with student loans? (Help quick, please!!)?

Go to your financial aid office and ask for assistance for this. Dormitory charges are normally included in a student's budget, but if you decided to live in the dorms after you told them (on the FAFSA) that you would live at home, it may not have been considered.



Your first thoughts should be for a Federal Stafford or Direct loan for the lowest interest rates and best terms. Your school will advise you which it processes and then, if you go the Stafford route, find a bank that offers them and go through the application process. Direct lending schools will do the process for you and with you.



Can anyone help me with student loans? (Help quick, please!!)?

Most banks have student loans. I have my loans through wachovia. Some schools also have their own loans, you may want to check into that, they are usually easier to get but come on a first come first served basis. Also Sallie Mae is a big student loan company don't forget to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment