Monday, October 26, 2009

Going to college in a totally different state?

I am really nervous going to a place I have never been. I am planning on going to college in Long Island, NY; at the Briarcliffe college to study Digital photography. I have never been there but plan on visiting before applying and meeting with the adminstrators there. Getting all my information and what i need filled out to get financial aid, loans and apply for grants.



I have only really been through New York going through, I wonder if I should just go for it and set my fears aside. I have lived in a rural area all my life in New England area. I wonder if i could stand dorming and staying in the city. Do you think I should just go for it?



I am coming from a place where there are mountains, folliage that changes in the fall, cows!, farms, no traffic only in major towns/cities, no sky scrapers...



Going to college in a totally different state?

I say go for it. First of all, let me explain to you how NY works. There is the state and than the city (5 boroghs). I grew up in Brooklyn. Long Island is far from a city, busy, place. I visited colleges in Long Island. It is a very quiet, peaceful place to be. I decided to go away to school, and think its the best thing Ive ever done! You meet wonderful ppl who will always be apart of ur life and the memories are great! Going away is a perfect opp. for u to get away and grow. Learn new things and meet diff. ppl. I hope u make the right decision-I wish u the best!



Going to college in a totally different state?

Get ready for the time of your life. Culture, People and exchanges.



Grew up in NY and first job as a reporter in Oklahoma. What a buch of hicks Loved it .............. learned many things about me and the rest of the world.



This is your time to excell.

No comments:

Post a Comment