Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another question about law school?

I heard some depressing news today. I was told that you have to have good credit to sit for the bar. Is this true. Now my credit isn't bad but it isn't the greatest either. If this is true then I don't know about even applying to law school. I probably won't get any loans due to my credit so how can I pay for school? I have considered finishing my nursing degree instead of changing my major to political science like I was going to. Work a couple of years as a nurse and then apply to law school. That way I might be able to save some money. Has anyone done this and what are my chances of being able to sit for the bar? If I go all the way through law school and then can't take the bar exam then I don't need to try to be a lawyer right?? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Another question about law school?

You don't have to have good credit to sit for the bar. They do a background check, but it's more so that the bar feels comfortable you won't go out and start taking advantage of clients. Many jobs check your credit too. Having bad credit won't necessarily disqualify you. It may raise questions though.



Getting enough financial aid may be a problem though. That's something you should discuss with the financial aid offfice of the school you're interested in. I'm not sure the gov't school loans care what your credit is, and they may be enough to cover law school.



In any case, unless you plan on going into politics, I wouldn't give up that nursing degree for poly sci. Law schools don't care what degree you have. Poly sci can be considered a negative because law schools get a ton of applicants with that degree and it's known to be an easy one. Nursing will help you stand out more. It may also make it easier for you to get an internship or job, because you can apply to those that require a science or medical background.



Another question about law school?

For the Character %26amp; Fitness evaluation, you will be asked to provide some information about your financial history, along with every other thing under the sun they can ask you about. This evaluation is required before you can receive a license.



Law school can easily cost more than $100,000, so working two years to save up some money won't be enough without loans. I'm not well versed in financial aid, so I'd suggest calling a law school financial aid office and asking them your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment