Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Umm..college...?

Ok, so I'm in college and stuff's a little rough..



I've always been the %26quot;buy everything for yourself and earn every penny you spend%26quot; kinda chick so my parents aren't helping me at all with college..



I'm going to a local community college and HOPE is paying for a lot, but I could really use a boost with my finances..



I'm about to be missing quite a bit of work for school..



Anyways, question is-where can I get loans if my credit isn't all that great?



OR..



Where can I apply for Government Grants online for FREE?



All the sites I go to are trying to charge me to do it..



Any help would be greatly appreciated..



Thanks a whole bunch!!



Umm..college...?

If you can't get sufficient grants, check out a Stafford Loan... it's through the government so you dont pay interest and you dont make payments until you graduate. otherwise check out fastweb.com for scholarships you can apply to receive. :)



Umm..college...?

If you are trying to apply for the Federal Pell Grant, the proper FREE website is www.fafsa.ed.gov. This website is good for the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Work Study, State Grants, and Student Loans.



If you receive the Pell Grant, you might receive any extra funds to use for your living expenses and transportation costs.



Umm..college...?

You said you are getting HOPE, so that is paying for your tuition/mandatory fees and books. Did you just complete the GSFAPPS (Georgia Student Financial Aid Application System) or did you complete the FAFSA as well? If you only completed the GSFAPPS, then you should complete the FAFSA so you can see what other type of federal aid you may qualify for. If you do not qualify for a Pell grant, then at least you can apply for a Stafford Loan - and you do not need to have good credit in order to do that.



Here are also some links to some scholarship information:



FastWEB



www.fastweb.com



Free Scholarship Search



www.freschinfo.com



College Board Homepage



www.collegeboard.org



Gates Millennium Scholars Program



www.gmsp.org



You should talk to a financial aid officer at your school for more information/guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment