Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Is ITT Tech a Good I.T. Degree Descion? Also is Sallie Mae a Good Descion for Financial AID?

Basically I have applied to ITT Tech for a Bachelors Degree in Systems Security. Before I can begin my Bachelors I need to finish a Systems Administration Associates Degree (96 Credit Hours) ITT tells me. So I enroll to begin the education. They are asking me to apply to Sallie Mae for Finacial aid and student loans to help wiht the bill. I do have the GI Bill, not sure how that will work if I used sallie mae or what not. I am worried I could goto UMUC here locally and it would be cheaper and more influential in the I.T. Field. Please if you have any advise or answers I would love to hear from you. Experience with eigther would be very very helpful aswell.



Is ITT Tech a Good I.T. Degree Descion? Also is Sallie Mae a Good Descion for Financial AID?

I graduated from ITT Tech last summer, associates in drafting and Design. The tuition is do high at ITT Tech that federal financial aid or other, GI bill, cant loan you enough money yearly for your tuition. You are then forced to turn to private lenders like Sallie Mae or others. This is the experience that I went through. I used up all my federal aid and was then had no other option than to turn to Sallie Mae. I think Sallie Mae was a complete ripp off. My student loans had a high interest rate and the interest was accruing, the amount went up day by day until I could afford to consolidate. Federal loans do not build interst while in school, the government pays it for you. I personally think you should consider another school if you have the option or you will end up in debt like me, paying my loans for the next 50 years more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment