Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I need some help! See details!?

My mother just passed away and she was the sole provider in the house. Although my father and mother were married, my dad was a jackass and he never did anything for any of us. Right now, I am in college and the expenses are really getting me down. I applied for work study, but it was not granted to me. I do not know how to drive or otherwise, I would get a job at a Mcdonalds or something. Does ne one know of any programs that I can apply for to help me with the expenses. Please dont say student loans bc I have already gotten the maximum for this semester. The same goes for pell grants and other financial assistance. I am really in a bind. Is it true that I can apply for social security? If so, what are the correct steps I should take to finance my college. Any suggestions would be widely appreciative.



I need some help! See details!?

there is a thing called %26quot;special circumstances%26quot;. With this they actually refigure the amount of income and it can make you eligible for more pell or loans (if you are not already getting the max). Also, if you are living off campus, you may qualify for food stamps or something. I don't know about the social security part.. does the city you live in have buses or anything like that. We have transit buses that take people places and it's like 1.00 per trip. Then you could get a job.I am sorry about your mom. I would go to financial aid and talk to them. It can't hurt and you might qualify for special circumstances



I need some help! See details!?

I would get down to the Social Security office as soon as feasible. Take along a copy of your mother's death certificate and any other documents you think might be important. There may be something for you since you are still a student and (I assume) a dependent of your mother's. Be on the alert for tax season too, not sure how that would work (your mother's return/refund).



Good luck



I need some help! See details!?

I hope that you can find something here, to help you..I am sorry about the passing of your mom.%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;



http://www.govbenefits.gov/govbenefits_e...



I need some help! See details!?

Talk to your financial aid director %26amp; ask what you have to do to re-figure your fin aid. You may have to write a letter of appeal (cc the dean possibly on that letter) to get more aid.



Make sure you spell out that you are appealing your financial aid award (what you've already been given: work-study, loans, grants, institutional scholarship) because of SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES. This can be done. You may have to re-submit the FAFSA too, but ask your fin aid director for the steps you have to take for your school.



I need some help! See details!?

Go to your local Goodwill Industries, they do job training and help. Also go to COmmunity Legal Aid (free legal help) to see about getting back support from your dad for you. Then call United Way, Salvation Army and other service providers and get advice. Even go to the county human services office. Also, you can take a bus to work. Before starting towork, get your legal affairs in order, then contact an agency to help you with a plan that might include a job.



I need some help! See details!?

Everyone has given you good advice, be careful when applying for social security, though. This is reported on your FAFSA and is taken into consideration when determining your financial need. Your best bet may be to appeal. Some schools (but I don't know about all of them of course) will allow you to appeal your dependency status and become independent. This would mean that they would only consider your income information and not your parents'. What ever you decide to do, your first step should be to contact the financial aid office. They are the only people who can truly give you options.



I need some help! See details!?

I am sorry about your mother. I am unsure about social security because you are over 18. What happens is when my mother died i was 6 months...my dad got the ss checks, so your dad probably gets them. Then when i turned 18 i got them in my own name until i graduated high school...they were like 1082 dollars a month...i wish u could get that but im sorry your dad is a jackass

No comments:

Post a Comment